Manufacturing is essential for economic growth,
and Small Manufacturers are a key source of that growth.
A recent market research study we conducted of small, medium, and large manufacturers in the Commonwealth of Virginia highlighted specific obstacles to growth, competitive edge, and innovation:
Getting supplies — whether that be in the US, in general, or overseas
Identifying ways to optimize processes
Finding the workforce to get the job done
Learning how to grow their companies
GENEDGE Alliance Membership Services, built for manufacturers by manufacturing industry experts.
By: GENEDGE Alliance Board Chair Jeff Jaycox
What are the benefits of joining GENEDGE Alliance?
Access to CONNEX Virginia
CONNEX™ Virginia is an online capabilities database and connection platform created for Virginia manufacturers. Whether you’re a large OEM or small supplier, CONNEX Virginia will help you adapt to changing market demands, quickly find new qualified suppliers, find new contract opportunities that you’re perfectly qualified for and connect to state manufacturing resources.Learn More
Manufacturing Now in Virginia Podcast
This podcast, produced by our very own Jeanette Stevens Cunningham, focuses on the issues that matter to Virginia’s manufacturers. As a member you will get the most current episodes as they are released. Become a member of the GENEDGE Alliance and hear from subject matter experts, other manufacturers and our staff as we discuss the issues that matter to you.Listen Now
Discounted Online Education and Training
GENEDGE provides high-quality educational content accessible on your schedule. The GENEDGE Learning Management System offers standard on-demand courses or we can customize training packages to meet your needs.
As a GENEDGE Alliance Member, you will qualify for discounts to online training.See Available Courses
Small Business Resources and Content
GENEDGE is a treasure trove of resources, especially for family owned manufacturing businesses and small manufacturers. We have gathered an array of tools and resources designed to answer your questions, helping you navigate the challenges of running a manufacturing business.Learn More
Emerging Business Program
The goal of this program is to offer subsidized consulting to small manufacturing companies with high growth potential. This platform will help companies identify their gaps and determine what solutions make the most sense for their business to drive growth.Learn More or Apply
GENEDGE Alliance stands as the best manufacturing consulting in Virginia, offering a myriad of powerful resources and tools either for free or at a substantial discount. As an Alliance member, you gain access to services such as information sharing, direct consulting from a GENEDGE manufacturing expert, third party subject matter experts, and even university-based student intern teams. These expert resources are designed to help your company innovate, compete, and grow.
From around the Commonwealth of Virginia, manufacturers – particularly small manufacturers and family-owned manufacturing businesses – can join the Alliance for free initially.
Being part of the GENEDGE Alliance opens doors to various opportunities and business resources for small manufacturers and family-owned manufacturing businesses, such as:
- Access to industry content
- The Manufacturing NOW in Virginia Podcast
- Virginia state & National CONNEX supply chain database
- Relevant Manufacturing Content & Resources
- Program information
- Access to GENEDGE partners and in-house expertise
- Online/On-Demand training programs, including courses specifically designed for small manufacturers, that are the key to workforce training for small companies
- Coaching Services through the Emerging Business Program
- And much more! (* denotes services at fee or discount).
By joining the GENEDGE Alliance, you can navigate the challenges of manufacturing with the support and resources of a trusted partner. Let us help you reach new heights in your manufacturing journey.
GENEDGE Alliance members need to meet certain requirements, right?
Yes, there are three basic requirements for GENEDGE Alliance membership (full Terms and Conditions here):
- Members must be acting on behalf of or as an employee of a manufacturing supply chain company located in Virginia. Membership will be limited to members of these companies.
- Members agree to provide valid and current company and contact information as required to validate their client status, provide offered services, and generate the member account.
- The member acknowledges that the GENEDGE Alliance is a publicly supported program and agrees to cooperate in surveys and other evaluation methods required by our sponsors for reporting to evaluate the program’s effectiveness.
Create Your Free GENEDGE Alliance Member Account Today
Get helpful resources, content, and tools to help you find what you are looking for!
Questions? Connect with Us
Please connect with your Small Business Manager to learn more.