GENEDGE Alliance will grant the user the nonexclusive, nontransferable right to access and use the functionalities contained within the GENEDGE Alliance System, under the terms set forth in this Agreement. The user agrees that all rights, title and interest in the GENEDGE Alliance System and all rights in patents, copyrights, trademarks and trade secrets encompassed in the GENEDGE Alliance System will remain with GENEDGE Alliance. The user shall not (a) access the GENEDGE Alliance System or use, copy, reproduce, modify, or excerpt any of the GENEDGE Alliance System documentation provided in order to access or utilize the system, for purposes other than as expressly permitted under this Agreement; or (b) share, transfer or lease their right to access and use the GENEDGE Alliance System, to any other person or entity which is not a party to this Agreement. You may designate any third party to access GENEDGE Alliance System on your behalf, provided the third party agrees to these terms and conditions of GENEDGE Alliance System access and you assume joint responsibility for such access.
In order to obtain and maintain access to the GENEDGE Alliance System, the user agrees to the following terms and conditions:
- The user is accessing the GENEDGE Alliance System on behalf of or as an employee of a manufacturing supply chain company based in Virginia as validated by the address and NAICS code(s) attached to their Dun and Bradstreet account. For the purposes of the GENEDGE Alliance, the manufacturing supply chain includes the following NAICS codes:
- Sectors 31 – 33: All manufacturing codes
- 541711 or 54171: Identifying the client as having a Research and Development function
- 423510: Metal Service Centers and Other Metal Merchant Wholesalers
- 488991: Packing and Crating
- 541330: Engineering Services
- 541380: Testing Laboratories
- 561910: Packaging and Labeling Services
- 811310: Commercial and Industrial Machinery & Equipment (except Automotive & Electronic) Repair & maintenance
- The user agrees to provide GENEDGE Alliance with valid and current company and contact information as required to validate their client status, provide offered services, and generate the member account. GENEDGE Alliance agrees, subject to the Code of Virginia, where applicable, not to communicate, divulge or use for the benefit of any individual or entity any confidential or proprietary information obtained by GENEDGE regarding the Client, in whatever form, without express written consent of the Client.
- The member/client acknowledges that GENEDGE is a publicly supported program and agrees to cooperate in surveys and other evaluation methods required by the GENEDGE Alliance System’s sponsors for reporting and to evaluate the program’s effectiveness. Information collected includes, but may not be limited to, jobs created, jobs retained, cost savings, increased revenues, and follow up investment resulting from project activity. Information collected for reporting to government sponsors will be reported as summary statistics only. In addition, the client agrees to allow GENEDGE to publish non-proprietary results or feedback for promotional purposes.
- GENEDGE Alliance reserves the right to remove access for any member from the GENEDGE Alliance System if it is deemed by GENEDGE Alliance to not meet the membership criteria included in these terms and conditions.
- Except with regard to any claim, damage, or expense which is attributed to the willful misconduct or gross negligence of GENEDGE Alliance, the User/Member Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless GENEDGE from any claims, damages or expenses, including reasonable attorney fees, arising or alleged to arise in connection with the use of the GENEDGE Alliance System and services hereunder, whether such claim, damage, or expense is caused, or alleged to be caused, in whole or in part, by the joint, several, comparative or sole negligence, breach of contract or any other breach of duty by GENEDGE Alliance.